Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Attachment in Palm Oil Mill



I have been posted to Labu Palm Oil Mill (known as POMTEC Labu), at Labu, Negeri Sembilan. This mill was owned by Kumpulan Guthrie Berhad and join ventured with MPOB (Malaysia Palm oil Board).

This mill capacity or mill throughput is 20 metric tonne per hour (20 M/T). The machines in this mill not very old but still in good condition. It is because the worker maintained it very well & doing their jobs with SOP (standard of procedure).

This mill is manage by Mahathair Bin Daud and have 2 mill assisstants; Rizalman Bin Abdul Rahim and Zulhida Binti Azizol Hasan. They are good guys and helping people. They shared their knowledge to me about the machines in the mill and the office management.

I have a big task for this 1st attachment. The task was given by Upstream Department, Sime Darby Plantation. The due date for the task is 7 week. In that task including design of mill, operation of each machines, the maintainance, quality of crop (bunches), laboratories; OER, KER, Dirt, Moisture, apparatus, etc, all standard which implemented and management. The task will be record in a log book.

The life style in this 'Kingdom' is not very different from my village. All same. kampung style. I like it..

They provide a house for me. For information, all workers (including Manager, Mill Asst., NCR, general worker) will get a house. The condition of the house is differents depend on the position in the Mill. The house is a NCR house. They don't have any executive bungalow, so they give me the NCR house. For me, it is okay because I attach here for a short period of time. Only 7 week. The house has 3 bedrooms, a toilet, a bathroom with furnitures.



My working day is 6 days per week and off day is on every Thursday. Means Saturday & Sunday I have to go to mill. That the request from the Manager. And my working hour is 7 a.m. to 7 p.m..

No comments:

Post a Comment